The Clearwater County Veterans Memorial is located in the Northeast quadrant of the intersection of US Highway 2 and Minnesota Trunk Highway 92, in Bagley, MN. The Memorial is located on City of Bagley land that was donated to the city by the 1st National Bank, Bagley, MN.
The Veterans Memorial is comprised of:
* One black monument honoring all branches of the service
* Two black monuments honoring the war dead of World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War and Iraq/Afghanistan War
* Two black benches with lighting
* Three concrete architectural walls
* A circular planting area with the American Flag
* Six flag poles representing the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard and Merchant Marines
* An informational kiosk
* The Pledge of Allegiance
* Recognition of the major contributors to the Memorial
* Approximately 675 Veteran Stones
* Lighting for the Veteran Stones
* Decorative fencing
One of the major supporters of the Clearwater County Veterans Memorial is the RIDE FOR THE STONES. This is an annual event held in early September and involves a motorcycle ride. The proceeds of the RIDE FOR THE STONES are used to purchase veteran stones for randomly selected deceased Veterans that are honored each Memorial Day at ceremonies at the Rice Lake Community, the City of Gonvick, the City of Clearbrook and the City of Bagley.
If you are interested in joining the RIDE FOR THE STONES, please contact us utilizing the Contact segment of this website.
Clearwater County Veterans Memorial PO Box 27 Bagley, MN 56621